You will be logging into StudentVUE to enter the courses you would like to request for the 2022-2023 school year. Counselors will be meeting with you to go over your requests and review progress towards graduation.
The link to StudentVUE and directions are provided below. There is also a short video tutorial as well for additional help.
If you cannot find the courses you are trying to request, please pick another course to replace it with. You can speak with your counselor when you meet.
Course Requesting for the 2022-2023 school year will be happening for 8th graders April 14th and 15th when the middle schools visit RHS. Students need to know their StudentVUE username and password to enter their course requests. If they do not know how to login to StudentVUE they can go to their Counseling Center for help. Additionally, the links below can be used to guide you in requesting electives for the next school year.
Course Selection Sheets (Select your grade for the 2022-2023 school year):
Visit our PRIDE night page to watch videos about our elective class offerings.
- Make sure you are logged into your school Google account
- Go to: https://tinyurl.com/RHSCounselorAppointment
- Fill out the Form and we will schedule you for an appointment as soon as we can.
The mission of the Roseburg High School Counseling Center is to assist all individuals in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to be successful students, responsible citizens, productive workers, and life-long learners.
Because of Covid restrictions, you may now request transcripts by calling Sommer Popham at 541 440-4139 or email: email@example.com. In your message, please leave the following information.
- Your full name and spelling (If graduated, the name you had while attending)
- Date of birth and graduation year
- Will hard copies in sealed envelopes be needed? How many? For hard copies, you may choose to have them mailed. Please leave the address where you would like them sent. They can be mailed to your home address or directly to a college or other facility.
- Do you need an emailed copy? Please leave an email address where you would like them sent.
- Transcripts needed for Oregon Promise, NCAA or NAIA please email Mr. Early at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow 24-hour notice when requesting transcripts
It is the philosophy of the Roseburg High School Counseling Center that all students have the ability to be successful in life. This is achieved by addressing the personal, social, behavioral, educational, and career needs of all learners, regardless of gender, race, religion or economic class. Our guidance and counseling program is vital for our students to achieve personalized, relevant learning and to develop meaningful educational plans while in school and beyond.
We believe that Guidance and Counseling:
- is developmental, sequential, and thoughtful,
- is a service coordinated with all educators and departments,
- is most effective when integrated into the curriculum and other services,
- involves the family and the broader community.
Statement of Confidentiality
At Roseburg High School, every student has the right to privacy and the right to expect the counselor-student relationship to comply with all laws and ethical standards pertaining to confidentiality in the school setting.
In our counseling offices, students are informed of the purpose, goals, and rules of counseling and are advised about the limits of confidentiality, which include the possible necessity for consulting with other professionals or making a mandatory report to law enforcement or child welfare. Information is held confidential unless disclosure is required to ensure safety to the student or others.
The Roseburg High School Guidance and Counseling Program will:
- Address the needs of 100 percent of the student population,
- Be an integral part of the instructional program and the total educational experience,
- Include structured activities based upon the needs of each student, including developmental, preventative, and remedial services,
- Provide accountability and continuous improvement through an annual review of student progress and program evaluation,
- Include appropriate professional development for all staff to maintain a quality program,
- Depend upon the support and collaboration of administrators, teachers, other school personnel, students and the community,
- Be coordinated and implemented by licensed School Counselors.